суббота, 22 июля 2017 г.

How I Gained 30 lbs in Two Years

How I Gained 30 lbs in Two Years

I don’t know about you, but I love before & after photos, so I thought I’d create a rebellious one showcasing weight gain instead of loss. Telling you the story of how I gained 30lbs in about a year and a half without essentially “disrobing” myself is going to be difficult. Because let’s face it: weight gain isn’t about food. It’s about everything personal and emotional going on in your life that makes you abuse food. We all know the formula to weight gain: too many rich foods and not enough activity. This is what happened to me. Correction: This was the life that I had eventually created. Before gaining weight, I lived in a city and took public transportation frequently which really helped me get those 10,000 steps daily. I cooked most of my food and I’ve always been health conscious so my diet was varied, low in fat, high in protein, and moderate in healthy carbs. I had a more active social night life that required me to get dolled up often, this makes maintaining a healthy weight much easier, as there is some motivation in vanity. (Don’t lie, you know what I’m talking about.) Then life happened and I ended up living at the Jersey Shore in a relatively new relationship. There is public transportation, but not anywhere near where I lived so driving my ass everywhere was necessary. Besides not walking around as much, I started spending more time in bed binge-watching shows on Kodi. I started eating takeout most nights a week. I wasn’t cute about it. I ate like a growing boy. So why the change? Honestly, my boyfriend lives his life like that. I moved in with him. His lifestyle seemed awesome. I guess I just copied. The worst part of this experience was the gradual, insidious nature of it. One day, I realize I couldn’t fit into my pants anymore. I was covered though, because by then they had already started to become uncomfortable, so I wore leggings instead. Let’s take a moment to bash our beloved leggings, please. They’re just too forgiving. Period. You wouldn’t even notice any change in your body. I never really wore leggings before I gained weight, and thank god I didn’t. I plan to get rid of all except maybe one pair of basic black leggings when I reach my old weight. Anyway, around my birthday I made the decision that I didn’t want to become an unhealthy 30 year old. I want to extend my youth another 10 or 15 years and the only way to do that is through proper diet and exercise. I’m giving in and trusting the process. And sharing it here. Original article and pictures take http://crystaldoesfitness.com/how-i-gained-30-lbs-in-two-years/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий